Given most businesses are going to be negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re trying to find ways to help members through promotion and advice and I’m thinking of creating a ‘Skill Share’ where members can share their expertise with businesses online.
How it will work
Members have the opportunity to create a video (max 25m) where they share their expertise or experience on a given area. You can keep it simple and do a ‘face to camera’ using a good smart phone – no need for excessive editing! As a way to support you, we would pay you a small fee for your time and expertise (this will be done on a first come firs serve basis). All members would have free access and they can watch the video at any time on the portal and non-members would be charged a nominal fee to access it.
Community Benefits – How it will help you
- Enable a skillshare among local business
- Provide you, the experts, with a promotional platform which could be beneficial when the pandemic dies down
- Provide a token of appreciation during a difficult time.
Video topics experts can choose from include (but are not limited to):
- Managing cashflow (including sales tips such as offering vouchers, or adding value to existing services)
- Top tips for updating your website content during a quiet spell
- Contracts, employees and policies
- Managing your mental health / wellbeing when business takes unexpected turn
- Staying productive while working at home (can include tech apps that might help you stay on top of your game)
(All speakers will be asked to keep their topic relevant to businesses and to the current situation, we won’t approve applications where a potential speaker rehashes their marketing message or an out-of-the-box talk).
I look forward to hearing from you if you would be interested in putting a video together.
I’m hoping to get this going as soon as possible so that the videos are ready in mid-April.